Tips for carp fishing come in handy when you want to be successful at catching carp the first time around.
There are many types of carp fish and they are mostly found in Asia and Europe but some of the species have also been imported to other countries of the world. These fish breed and live in still water and rivers. You must have heard of silver carp, common carp, black carp and many other names. The term “carp” covers all these types of fish in the Cyprindae family.
Finding carp is not very difficult nowadays as they can be in just about any body of water whether it is a river, pond, lake or creek.
Carp fish usually looks for food at the bottom of the water body. So, they are called the “bottom feeders”. Remember this fact when you go fishing for carp because it can improve your chances of being successful.
The setup for carp fishing is different from any other standard fishing setup. It is therefore advisable to read a few tips for carp fishing before you actually head out for the adventure.
So, let’s get started ...
Are you tired of reading the same fishing information? Get our FREE fishing e-book where you will find PRO Tips: 10 Deadly Sins [Mistakes] of Fishing.
> GET YOUR FREE E-BOOK HERE <
Tried and tested EXPERT tips for carp fishing
Now, if you’re reading this article you must be in search of the best tips for carp fishing that have been tried and tested for success.
Carp fishing is one of the most thrilling adventures for anyone who loves fishing (or looking for fish to eat) but it also requires a certain level of skill and expertise.
Here are some tips for carp fishing to help you make this outdoor adventure even more exciting and rewarding;
• Find the right type of carp fishing rod by checking out its test curve. It is recommended to use a test curve of about 3 lbs, which is neither too low or too high.
• The next recommendation is to use a carp fishing reel that complements the rod you have chosen. It is good to go for a smaller baitrunner style as a beginner or even an expert. Match the number of reels with the number of rods you’re using.
READ MORE: How much does sports fishing insurance cost?
READ MORE: TOP11 Short Tips for Carp Fishing in Winter
READ MORE: What Does Carp Eat? All You Want to Know!
READ MORE: What is best time for fishing? For carp, trout & bass!
• A rod pod is useful for holding up the rods and even the bite alarms.
• A ready-made rigs comes in handy for beginners and it also helps to simplify the process of catching carp.
• A branded fishing line is recommended for carp because it is going to be pretty heavy.
• It is also an expert tip to use at least a 20 lbs fluorocarbon leader line at the end of the fishing line.
• One of the best tips for carp fishing is to try fishing at different times of the day. People often overlook this trick but trying your luck even when there is no activity sometimes works.
• It is recommended to use the sharpest of hooks as carp fish can be very clever and they can also sense the end tackle quite intelligently.
Remember that carp is not an easy fish to catch. Keep your expectations low but do try all these tricks to improve your chances. The above-mentioned tips for carp fishing come in handy when you are trying your luck in difficult conditions.
Beginner tips for carp fishing baits
In addition to using the right equipment, one of the best tips for any beginner would be to learn about the best baits for carp. Here is a list of the best bait you can find for catching carp;
· Maize or Sweet Corn – This is probably the easiest bait you can find and it is totally effective too. Canned corn and artificial corn can also be used for carp fishing and it comes very cheap. Beginners are advised to use corn when catching carp because it stays on the hook for a long time as it’s tougher than many other types of bait used by fishermen.
· Bread – Go for any type of bread you can find on the supermarket including white bread. If you want to prevent it from falling off the hook, press and squeeze it tightly when putting it on.
· Boilies – Many expert fishermen use boilies to catch carp. They are shaped like small balls and are made by boiling the dough. They are available in different colors and flavors. Since they are hard, they don’t fall off that easily and therefore can be used for a long time.
READ MORE: Your Ulitimate Guide to Fishing with Kids
· Doughball – A doughball consists of many ingredients mixed together into dough. It is commonly used bait for catching carp in the United States. It has been found that homemade varieties work better than the ready-made doughballs available on the market. If you’re really enthusiastic about catching big carp, you should try and make doughballs at home.
· Artificial Worms – Some fishermen might not agree, but trying out artificial bait for catching carp is something that actually works. Use worms and grubs to make the job a lot easier and more hassle-free. This kind of biodegradable bait is especially engineered to catch more fish. It is inexpensive and easily available at stores.
These tips for carp fishing are good for anyone who is learning the art of catching carp. They improve your chances of being successful even if you’re fishing for the first time. You don’t need any special fishing skills to catch carp but it is recommended to do your homework before going on a fishing trip to make sure you are not disappointed with your efforts.
What does carp eat? All You Want to Know! VIDEO!
READ ALL ARTICLE: What Does Carp Eat? All You Want to Know!
1.) Digital scale Dr.METER with LCD-display
2.) Reel SHIMANO 5500 XT B LC
3.) Reel SHAKESPEARE Beta
4.) Carp fishing wall calendar CARPONIZER 2020
5.) Book: Carp fishing manual: The step-by-step guide
6.) Book: Guide to modern carp fishing FOX
7.) Book: Rigs and knots for coarse and carp fishing
Carp fishing can be a thrilling challenge for fishermen as well as an enjoyable and fulfilling hobby.
Whether you’re just starting out to catch carp or have already enjoyed this pastime, some tips and tricks from the experts always sound helpful. From the right type of equipment needed to be successful to bait recommendations and techniques that help to catch carp quickly, you will find all your answers in this short but comprehensive guide.
It includes beginner’s tips for carp fishing as well as expert tricks to increase your chances of success at catching big carp.